Friday, December 31, 2010

It 's a BOY!

Take 1
Take 2:
Charles looks a little doped up, this is not from a lack of excitement but from pure exhaustion on night shift

Happy New Year! We are so proud to announce that our newest addition to the Scarborough family will be a baby boy! We are so excited for Charlie to have a baby brother and best friend. Although, I do have to admit that I was a little sad that it wasn't a girl. Hopefully in God's timing we will have a little girl one day, but until then bring on the boy stuff! Now I feel like I can dive in and embrace the fact that I will be living with 3 boys in May:) Charlie has been such a joy these past 16 months I can't imagine how much fun we will have with another boy in the family. Charles is so excited and keeps asking me how his "little man" is doing each day. For some reason, knowing that it is a boy made this pregnancy seem more real. I guess that could also be attributed to the fact that I am starting to show a more pronounced baby bump. We are working on names for our little fella, but I have a feeling this is going to be a lot harder than naming Charlie after Charles:)

Charlie is 16 months old and starting to become a real talker. That is, he makes a lot of noises but nothing is really understandable. It is super entertaining to listen to, and he starts the minute he wakes up each day, what a sweet blessing! He runs most everywhere he goes and is quite the busy bee. His gross motor skills are improving each day, I noticed that after he crawled up in a chair in the kitchen the other day all by himself, scary! He is becoming more of a picky eater these days and I think things are going to have to change before his baby brother arrives:) Charlie is enjoying playing with Jackson again now that he is somewhat healed (we get an x-ray next week to see how his femur is healing 6 weeks after he broke it). Charlie has been acting like it is Christmas morning every morning when he wakes up because he has so many toys to play with! He had a wonderful Christmas (well he had "Christmas", the present part, about 4 times) with family and we all enjoyed having Charles with us to celebrate (thanks Chris McKinney!). And now on to the new year. 2011 looks very exciting as I look back on all the blessings the Lord has given us this past year. We are so thankful for our family and friends and are excited to spend the next year with you all!
Our little guy showing off:)

No comments:

Post a Comment